A Designer and Spatial Visualization tool for Silverlight 3
Argentum Tela is a design-time environment written entirely in Silverlight 2. Using this extensible framework, you can build cross platform Visio-esque applications in the browser.
Argentum Tela is a Designer Framework for Silverlight 3. This framework can be used to create a drag and drop designer experience that should be familiar to users of Visual Studio, Expression Blend, or Visio. There are many cases where it can be useful to build
a document by dragging and dropping controls and editing them on a designer surface. The framework is roughly based on idioms from the Windows Forms 2 design time experience, breaking from this where it makes sense to do so.
The current release is of Alpha quality, neither feature complete nor particularly stable.
- Drag and drop to surface
- Control selection, moving, and scaling on the surface
- Property editing via a PropertyGrid
- Serialization/Deserialization of the designer document state
- Pluggability using a "stencil set"
- Undo support, Designer transactions
- Configurable design surface behaviors
- snap lines
- rotate thumbs
- measurement adorners
- Full Screen support
- Zoom in/out
- Customizable look and feel
- Drawing/Connector support
- Future demo applications
- Slide show creator
- UML diagram
An IoC container and some Composite UI constructs were created as part of building the overall solution.
- IoC container: ServiceManager. Supports dependency injection, automatic service proxy creation, and a builder strategy to supply dependencies
- A simple Event Aggregator
- A basic Region Manager
- Handy extension methods